Melbourne’s Best Great Ocean Road Day Trip Service
Complete your visit to this amazing city. See the Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles on a comfy bus with Alfy Tours for a day you’ll never forget!
The Great Ocean Road is littered with spectacular coast lines, world famous beaches, rainforests and quaint seaside towns. Known for its unadorned natural beauty, the region boasts the world renowned 12 Apostles, London Bridge, Historical Loch Ard Gorge and the picturesque Otway Ranges.
Experience the scenic Otway Ranges and so much more on the trip of a lifetime with the best of the best Great Ocean Road bus tours. Our tour lets you discover one of the world’s most spectacular coastal drives, see native wildlife in their natural environment and hear the treacherous and exciting stories of why the Great Ocean Road is also known as the ship wreck coast.
- Stunning coastal views along the Great Ocean Road
- Walk along spectacular golden sand beaches
- Stop at the Memorial Arch for a photo opportunity of the bronze statue that commemorates the WW1 ‘diggers’ and learn about the history of the region and the road itself
- Pass through the picturesque villages of Lorne and Apollo Bay
- The trip stops at some of the Great Ocean Road’s best lookouts for impressive views of the rugged coastline
- Enjoy a delicious, freshly cooked lunch at Apollo Bay
- Explore the beautiful Otway ranges with a guided rainforest walking tour at Maits Rest
- Search for Koalas, Kookaburras Parrots and more Australian Wildlife in natures backyard at Kennett River
- Experience the majestic and awe inspiring beauty of the 12 Apostles and step down the Gibson Steps to witness them up close
- See all Port Campbell National Park has to offer including rugged limestone cliffs
- Discover the rich history of Loch Ard Gorge and we recount the tragic and heroic stories
What is included on this day trip from Melbourne:
- Morning coffee, tea and biscuits
- Delicious, freshly cooked lunch in Apollo Bay
- All park entree fees
- Informative and friendly tour guide
- Comfortable travel through the Surf Coast region of Victoria along the Great Ocean Road to see the 12 Apostles
- Encountering Australian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Inner city pick up and drop off
- Modern, clean and air conditioned vehicle
- Appropriate clothing suitable for current travel weather season ( hat, warm /cool clothing, rain jacket)
- Swimming suit and towel – optional and weather permitting
Leaving Melbourne and heading southwest, we will first stop in the small picturesque seaside town of Aireys Inlet to have complimentary morning coffee, tea and biscuits. After refreshment you will be able to take a walk to the nearby sand dunes and take pictures of the historic Lighthouse.
After passing through Fairhaven and its amazing surf beach, we stop at the Memorial Arch built to commemorate those who built the Great Ocean Road. Over the years, this has become an iconic photo opportunity spot for tourists visiting this part of Australia.
The next stop is Kennett River, where you can walk among the eucalyptus trees and spot koalas in their natural habitat as well as some of the Australian colourful birds including, parrots, rosellas and even some kookaburras.
On the way to Apollo Bay, we will stop at the Cape Patton lookout to enjoy sweeping views of the spectacular coast and green towering hills. After having freshly cooked lunch at the restaurant, you can explore the beautiful town of Apollo Bay or even have a swim at the local beach.
After lunch we head into the hills and mountains of the Great Otway National Park and we take a walk through the temperate rainforest at Maits Rest and its giant Mountain Ash trees that are some of the tallest in the world.
The final destination of our journey is the Port Campbell National Park including the stops at the amazing 12 Apostles and equally stunning Loch Ard Gorge. Seeing the world famous limestone rock formations up and close from the beach level at Gibson Steps will leave you awestruck.
We leave 12 Apostles and head back to Melbourne via inland route, and you can relax and recapture the memories of the tour until we drop you off at your accommodation.
Trip Departure Time:
7.30 am – 8 am
Trip Return Time (approx):
7.30 pm – 8 pm
Adult $125 | Child $89
Book an Alfy Tour